The project aims to extend mental health access and longitudinal care for resettled Afghan refugees in the US. It will leverage the Healis network and provide virtual visits with qualified physicians. AMPAA will employ case aides who will work closely with the refugee patients each step of the way. They will serve as their primary case worker and translator for all appointments.
We are putting out a call for primary care doctors who are experienced and comfortable with mental health prescribing as well as any psychiatrists (child/adolescent or adult) licensed in the states of FL, PA , TX, or WA. All care will be delivered via telemedicine, no in-person care provided.
To participate, you must be:
– A licensed and boarded US physician in good standing (MD or DO) in one of the 4 states listed above
– Willing to provide longitudinal, culturally-informed care for Afghan patients for 6 months or more.
– Available a minimum of 2 hours weekly
You will receive:
– Access to a telemedicine platform for charting and prescribing
– Malpractice insurance for your work with Healis Health
– Cultural training
– Pay will be a take-home of $40 / patient / month with a goal panel of 100 patients per physician per month (or as desired)
Other notes: No non-competes or restrictive clauses in the contracts. Translators are provided on all visits. Patients are supported by case aids and referred to therapists or psychiatrists as needed.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications as above, please email Pamela Ferman who is coordinating the project: firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Jabarkhil, AMPAA Programs Manager, AMPAA.email@example.com.
National telemedicine opportunities focusing on mental health and general healthcare access. To join this effort, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.